I - Architecture, Fit and Carry
- compact for for denser, tighter spaces.
- more “squarish” profile for rectangular and cylindrical objects (books, computer, water bottle, etc).
- clean profile avoids hanging up on nearby objects (shot of car passenger seat stowage)
- shoulder strap length flattens against back panel for lower profile when stowed as cargo.
- intended for shorter distances over flatter terrain (no waist belt).
- shell textile - 500d textured HT nylon - duller appearance for urban aesthetic. PU coating on back + silicone finish on face = very water repellant.
- lining textile - 420d HT nylon - good durability to weight ratio. bright yarns for good abrasion resistance, lighter color for visibility.
- contoured shoulder straps.
- contour around upper back and shoulder. good surface area contact with body for load distribution.
- sternum strap is adjustable in height and R/L orientation and removeable.
- textured yarns in the Harness give slight friction on the body, stabilizing carry. also able to buffer a small amount of moisture, less sweaty feeling than slick textile.
- naturally carries “higher” due to upper back/shoulder curve.
- pocket orientation allows for easy, right handed “side access” while wearing the bag
- or while on the ground
- side handle allows for handling in horizontal orientation, and an AL stay keeps the CPL from “bagging out” under the weight of contents.
- top handle allows for handling in vertical orientation.
II - Pocket layout
A) Exterior Panel Pocket
- vertical zipper allows a larger opening than horizontal or diagonal openings.
- vertical orientation allows side access while wearing or from the ground.
- key leash for quick access to small items held securely.
- slight volume accommodates items like: bars (food), gloves, sm electronics, sm notebook or field guide, pens/pencils, smaller or folded documents like tickets or boarding passes.
B) Main Compartment
- low-profile counter pulls for easy zipper operation
- 3-sided panel zipper allows many access options:
- partial opening in vertical position
- partial access in horizontal position while wearing
- partial access in horizontal position from the ground
- full access to entire contents from ground
3. large panel opening allows for easy packing and inventory of contents
C) Stretch Pocket
- low profile stays out of the way when not in use.
- keeps notebooks or magazines flat and secured
- foldover construction has no seams to catch or abrade, no elastics to wear out, no stitching to break.
- cutouts at lower corners allow expansion for book or computer corners. also allow dirt and debris to exit.
D) Interior Panel Security Pocket
- zipper orientation allows access from vertical or horizontal positions.
- higher placement protects more fragile items from crushing.
- internal placement and opaque fabric secures more valuable or sensitive items.(money/wallet/passport)
- independent volume does not interfere with other pockets, sized for things like:sunglasses, small electronics, pens/pencils, cash/passport/checkbook.
E) Interior Panel Mesh Pocket
- zipper orientation allows access from the horizontal position.
- See-thru mesh allows easy inventory of contents
- independent volume does not interfere with other pockets, sized for things like:chargers/cables, workout clothes, snack food, first aid kit, bike tools/spare, hat/gloves.
F) Laptop Compartment
- garage at top keeps out dirt and water.
- accommodates 15” laptops
- fully padded on all sides (except zipper) for protection.
- “floating” divider expands slightly into main compartment to accept laptop,or compresses into the laptop area for more room in the main.
- asymmetrical profile allows laptop to be held securely in the lower portion without compromising contour fit around the back and shoulders.
- upper “contour” area can be used to carry a light shell layer or hat.
- sized to fit laptops and tablets up to 15”, magazines/documents, hydration bladder
- small nylon webbing loop to hang/secure a bladder
III - Other Features
A) Low Pro Hydartion Exits
- allow routing of hydration tubes, wires or cords from the laptop compartment.
- hydration tube length can be withdrawn or stowed easily
- R or L shoulder compatible
- no velcro, no elastic, no moving parts to fail
B) Utility Loops
- low profile and clean - integrated into the handle
- a place to temporarily clip or secure smaller items on the exterior of the bag.
C) Loop Logo Patch
- allows quick customization for style or function
- differentiate your CPL24 from others in your group
- add reflective or glow-in-the-dark function for visibility